In April 2012, a workgroup was formed to revise the planning standards and develop additional tools to assist local emergency management personnel develop their jurisdiction’s Annex H in collaboration with their local or regional health department preparedness planners, Trauma Service Area Regional Advisory Councils, and other ESF-8 stakeholders.
As a result of the workgroup’s activities, the following three DRAFT documents were developed: (1) the Local Annex H State Planning Standards, (2) the Local Annex H Planning Content Guide, and (3) the Local Annex H Outline.
- Updated planning standards to better reflect the public health and medical role.
- A planning content guide, which acts as an informational resource for local planners to develop their Annex H and meet the planning standards.
- A formatted outline that provides the recommended framework for Annex H, with some sample language and a few examples.
Questions, comments, or additional suggestions regarding the Local Annex H State Planning Standards, the Local Annex H Planning Content Guide or the Local Annex H Outline can be sent to: email@example.com.
Download the Local Annex H documents:
1. Local Annex H State Planning Stds.pdf
2 FINAL Local Annex H Content Guide_111913 Revised_dw.pdf
3. Local Annex H Outline.pdf
4. Annex H Planning Stds Crosswalk_061113.pdf
5. Local Annex H Survey Results Summary.pdf
6. Annex H FAQs.pdf