Homeland Security Planning for Campus Executives
The goal of this workshop is to support the U.S. Department of Homeland Security program for improving the planning and preparedness capability of higher education institutions by helping campus executive leadership understand principles of campus preparedness and by providing them with exampes, tools, and resources for Homeland Security planning. Each participant will receive a participant guide, job aid, and a CD ROM that contains additional information on funding sources, job aids, planning tools, resources and web links.
- Identify components of Homeland Security as they apply to higher education institutions.
- Identify principles of Homeland Security crises planning that can be applied to their Campus.
- Identify the role of Training, Equipment and Exercises for campus crises planning and emergency response that can be applied to their campus.
- Identify the key components of a Risk Communication Plan for emergency response that can be applied to their campus.
- Identify Lessons Learned that can help organize or improve campus emergency response plans.
How this course is offered:
Delivered onsite at location designated by the requesting jurisdiction. To learn more or schedule a delivery, contact Kristen.Rogers@mail.wvu.edu.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
Participants must hold a leadership position (including Directors, Managers, etc.) in an institution of higher education.
No tuition is charged.
||West Virginia University
Public Safety Communications
No feedback has been left for this course.