This course provides a brief overview of biological incidents that have occurred; biological agents that are naturally occurring, could be accidentally released, or
could be used deliberately; the typical course of disease and how that
may vary in a deliberate incident; an overview of biological agents as terrorist weapons; and methods of protection from biological agents (with an emphasis on protection using methods and equipment readily available to emergency responders and the general public). This course can be considered an introductory course to Emergency Response to Domestic Biological Incidents
Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Hazardous Materials Personnel,
Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Public Health.
The primary target audience for the Direct Delivery version of this course includes:
• Emergency responders: police, fire, emergency management and emergency medical services personnel and planners
• Personnel from governmental agencies who may become involved in a biological incident
The secondary target audience for the Direct Delivery version of this course includes:
• Public officials • Business representatives
• City leadership • Shopping center officers
• Transportation workers and managers • Security guards
• Educators • Large companies
• School leaders • School nurses
• Prosecutors • Utilities personnel
• Sanitation supervisors • Individuals in other civic roles
• Public works personnel
The target audience for the Train-the-Trainer version of this course is established trainers/instructors in academies, agencies or departments who are seeking to train participants by teaching the Indirect version of this course using course materials provided by NCBRT.
The Indirect version of this course is commonly delivered as part of in-service or academy training to support continuing education.
Please be advised that all Non-U.S. Citizens must be approved by DHS to participate in NCBRT training prior to the start date of the course. If you are a Non-U.S. Citizen and wish to participate in NCBRT training please contact Meghan Lawson at email@example.com . Please allow 30 days to be notified of approval or disapproval of participation.
This course was formerly titled Awareness and Response to Biological Events.
How this course is offered:
Offered on site at a location specified by the requesting jurisdiction. To learn more or schedule a delivery, contact Meghan Lawson at 877-806-7404 or firstname.lastname@example.org