Radiological Emergency Response Operations (RERO)
Radiological Emergency Response Operations is a 5-day course offering lectures, hands-on training, and team exercises. The lectures include operational-level radiological concepts using guidance and information from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Use of the hands-on training modules will provide students with the knowledge and skills to perform in a radiological emergency response operation. The Radiological Emergency Response Operations course culminates on the fifth day with a final exercise involving the emergency response operations skills and training learned during the course.
How this course is offered:
This is a resident course delivered at the Noble Training Center in Anniston, Al.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
Required: Successful completion of G320-Fundamentals Course for Radiological Response or equivalent education and experience. Also, IS-301, Radiological Emergency Response must be completed by all applicants.
Step 1 (Obtain FEMA SID Number)
- You will need a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number to apply for CDP training.
- Visit the FEMA Student Identification website to register for or retrieve your FEMA SID number. Once you have your FEMA SID continue on to step 2.
Step 2 (Create CTAS Account)
Step 3 (Search and Select Offered Training)
- Search for training on the Resident Training section of the CDP Website.
- Click the “Register for this Program” button for the desired training program. You will be directed to the CDP Training Registration System (TRS) electronic application site.
Step 4 (Complete Application)
- Log in to the CDP TRS with your FEMA SID number and password.
- If you were directed to TRS from the CDP Website the training program/course information will be pre-populated. If a different program/course is desired, click the link to return to the training calendar.
- Select up to three preferred training dates then review and complete all required information. Note: Once you have submitted an application in TRS the system will save and pre-populate your application with the information on your previously submitted application.
- Click the “Review and Submit Application Now” button.
Step 5 (Review, Finalize and Submit Application)
- Review summary of application and attach any required documents.
- Click the “Submit Application” button. You and your supervisor will receive an email confirming your application was successfully submitted. You and your supervisor will receive auto-generated emails with application status updates throughout the remainder of the application process.
- Your application will be processed by the respective State/Territory/Tribal Training Coordinator and CDP Regional Coordinator. Monitor your email and TRS for updates and application status.
Who to Contact
No tuition is charged.
- For training application and related questions or issues contact CDP Student Services at email@example.com or 866-213-9553.
- For log in, access and technical system questions or issues contact CDP Help Desk Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-213-9699. Hours of operation are Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central.
- If you are unable to apply for CDP training via TRS and need an alternative to apply, contact your respective CDP Regional Coordinator.
||Center for Domestic Preparedness
No feedback has been left for this course.