Understanding and Planning for School Bomb Incidents (UPSBI)
The UPSBI course provides first responders with the skills and knowledge necessary to respond to school bomb threats and school bombing incidents. This course provides information on the purpose and function of school emergency management plans, warning signs of aggressive student behavior, critical actions when responding to a school bombing threat, recognition of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and components, and preventive school bombing incident measures.
- Identify the purpose and function of a school emergency management plan including the four phases of emergency management.
- Recognize warning signs of aggressive behavior.
- Identify response actions based on scenario types and bombing hazards.
- Identify Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and their components.
- Recognize school security measures and training components necessary in an effective school bombing response plan.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
No tuition is charged.
||New Mexico Tech
Emergency Medical Service
No feedback has been left for this course.