REP Core Concepts Course (RCCC)
The Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP) Core Concepts Course (RCCC) is a 1.5-day course which focuses on the nuclear power plant off-site radiological emergency preparedness program. It addresses the history and sentinel events, federal regulatory policies, basic radiation principles, REP planning guidance (planning standards), REP demonstration guidance (exercise evaluation areas) and the REP Disaster Initiated Review (DIR) process. At the successful completion of this course, the student will have satisfied the instructor-led training prerequisites for both the L-340 REP Program and Planning Course (RPPC) and the L-304 REP Exercise Evaluator Course (REEC).
Prerequisites & Other Information:
To be eligible to attend the Radiological Emergency Response Operations course, a candidate must:
No tuition is charged.
- Have successfully completed awareness-level training for all-hazards response through AWR-160, Standardized Awareness Training or another certified awareness-level training program.
- Have successfully completed IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System
- Have successfully completed IS-200.b, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents.
- Have successfully completed IS-700.a, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction.
- Have successfully completed IS-800.b, *National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction. Any version of the IS-100, 200, 700, and 800 courses are acceptable for the prerequisite requirements.
- Have successfully completed IS-3, Radiological Emergency Management (FEMA Independent Study Course) or the Fundamental Course for Radiological Response (PER909 or G320).
- Meet the requirements and standards of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), 29 C.F.R. § 1910.120(q)(6)(ii), (2009) and/or National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents, Chapters 5 and 6.7.
||Center for Domestic Preparedness
No feedback has been left for this course.