Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings (IRTB) - Operations (Train-the-Trainer)
This course is designed to instill in participants a respect for the destructive potential and dangers associated with energetic materials (explosives and incendiaries) that could be used in a terrorist attack.
Based on research of basic training methods provided to first responders, it has been identified that insufficient information is being provided with regard to comprehending the threat of explosives, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and incendiary devices. Most first responders are inexperienced with explosives and incendiaries and may be incapable of fully understanding the devastating effects of successful attacks using these materials. These deficiencies are addressed in classroom presentations and field exercises using actual explosive devices. Graduates of this program have a far better appreciation of the dangers posed by explosives after completing the training.
This course is designed for law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical personnel, and others who prepare for, or direct response to, terrorist incidents involving energetic materials and/or provide response training in their agencies and communities.
How this course is offered
Delivered at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center, Socorro, New Mexico
You will need Adobe Reader to view the course application.
1. To apply for a course Click here
2.Fill out the application (either typed or hand written).
3.Do not fill out boxes 22 a - d, 23 a - d or 24 boxes. Those boxes are for the reviewer.
4.Submit your application to your supervisor for an approval signature.
5.Fax the signed application to your State Point of Contact (SPOC). You may Click here to obtain your SPOC information.
6.When your application is approved, the State Point of Contact
Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org or scan and fax to 512-424-5647
we will fax the approved application to EMRTC.
7.EMRTC will then fax you your acceptance information and course details.
All applications must be approved by your State Point of Contact for DHS training programs.
For questions and inquiries, email us at email@example.com or call the Training Business Unit at 575.835.5703 or 866.476.9433.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
The following prerequisites apply to personnel attending this course:
- United States citizenship.
- Actively employed or volunteer member of a first responder or emergency management agency.
- Assignment or identification for assignment to a position responsible for conducting WMD training; developing plans, policies, procedures and tactics to govern response; providing specialized response support during WMD incidents; or coordinating initial response to a WMD incident
- Sufficient tenure remaining in their current or future position to allow for the application of course material upon their return.
- For personnel who desire trainer certification, completion of an instructor training program and/or documented experience as a trainer.
- Required prerequisites must be verified by the participant’s department at the time of application. Participants must have a picture ID (preferably one issued by their department) for presentation to instructors prior to the start of instruction.
No tuition is charged.
||New Mexico Tech
||Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications