Standardized Awareness Training
This Course covers the essential course material on Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or Explosive (CBRNE) hazards and materials, prevention and deterrence methods, and the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG; U.S. Department of Transportation [DOT], 2008).
TEEX/NERRTC and the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) reference the following resources to ensure that the CBRNE materials remain current: the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP; U.S. Department of Homeland Security [DHS], 2013), Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), 29 Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.) § 1910.120(q)(6)(i) (2010); National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA®) 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents (National Fire Protection Association [NFPA], 2007; 2008 edition).
- Prevention and Deterrence
- Identification of Hazardous Material and the Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- Chemical Agents
- Biological Agents
- Radiological Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Explosive Devices
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
855.245.1614 (toll-free) or email@example.com
Prerequisites & Other Information:
IS-100.a Introduction to the Incident Command System or any of the available Incident Command Systems (ICS)-100 series
IS-700.a Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Participants must be first responders or receivers in their agencies or jurisdictions from the following disciplines/services:
- Fire Department Personnel
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Public Works Personnel
- County, State, Federal Responders
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
- Private Sector
TAKING AWR 160
No tuition is charged.
1. Go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/ to register for your FEMA SID or to obtain login information if you have forgotten it.
2. Go to www.teex.org
3. In the search bar at the top of the page, enter course number AWR-160
4. Click on the first listing that appears
5. Click the red “Register” button, you are only registering one person
6. Go to the bottom of that page and click the gray “Register” button.
7. If you are a New Participant, click on that button and fill in your personal data.
8. If you have registered for a TEEX class before, just enter your last name and ONE other data field. Your personal data should pull up. Review it for accuracy.
9. Submit all information and confirm your registration
10. You will receive an email with your TEEX Student ID within 10-15 minutes after registering that will contain your username and password. Refer to this when you click the link and begin the class.
11. You will be directed to create a personal password.
12. Click on AWR 160 and take the Pre-Test. If you score 70% or higher, you will simply fill out the course evaluation and receive your course completion certificate. If not, you will go to AWR 160 and complete the training.
13. The Evaluation is required before you are issued a course completion certificate.
14. Print the certificate and bring it with you to meet the prerequisite for the ProBoard HazMat Operations certification exam.
15. When returning to AWR 160, simply login with your username and password.
For technical difficulty or assistance, call Kelli Isaacks at (979) 845-1614
Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications