Avian Influenza Response Master Trainer
This course provides current information and best practices for response to a highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) outbreak, such as H5N1, and the impact on bird and human populations with an emphasis on the agricultural sector. Topics covered include biosecurity, personal protective equipment (PPE), euthanasia and disposal, and cleaning and disinfection protocols. Donning and doffing of PPE for various response tasks and field notes are also featured.
- Deliver training to training officers and/or emergency responders
- Outline the critical role of responders, within NIMS, during a foreign animal disease event
- Describe the principles for establishing biosecurity protocols, quarantine perimeters, and implementing movement control procedures
- Demonstrate the, inspection, proper procedures for cleaning, and use of PPE required for an HPAI response
- Identify possible euthanasia, mass depopulation and disposal techniques
- Describe appropriate cleaning and disinfecting (C&D) procedures for people, vehicles, equipment, and property
- Apply the information obtained during the training to the skills required in an HPAI response
How this course is offered:
Delivered onsite at a location designated by the requesting jurisdiction. For more information or to schedule a delivery, contact Jane Colacecchi at 515-279-4345 or at email@example.com.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
ICS-100 and 700
No tuition is charged.
||Kirkwood Community College
Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications
No feedback has been left for this course.