Emergency Response to Criminal and Terrorist Incidents
The purpose of the Emergency Response to a Criminal/Terrorist Incident training is to increase local emergency responders’ ability to preserve evidence while performing rescue and fire suppression activities, foster a cooperative working relationship when working together in responding to criminal incidents, and prepare for incidents when Federal responders are involved.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize when incident sites may also be crime scenes.
- Describe types and identify potential targets of criminal activities.
- Recognize potential hazards at crime scenes.
- Perform safe operations at criminal incident sites including rescuing and treating victims and preserving property
- Stabilize the crime scene and maximize evidence preservation
- List appropriate actions and actions to avoid at a criminal incident site.
- Describe the needs, roles, and responsibilities of law enforcement and non-law enforcement responders at a criminal incident site.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
No tuition is charged.
- Explain when and why Federal agencies get involved and how to interact with them.
||TDEM - Emergency Management Training
Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications
No feedback has been left for this course.