Shelter Operations Course
This course is designed to prepare students to open and effectively run a shelter providing disaster services in a safe environment for its residents and staff.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
Prerequisites & Other Information:
No tuition is charged.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a shelter manager throughout the opening, organizing, operating and closing phases of a shelter.
- Develop a plan for setting up shelter space and obtaining supplies.
- Know the importance of effectively communicating with clients, partners, shelter staff, the media and key community members.
- Accommodate the diverse needs of clients in shelters.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners.
||TDEM - Emergency Management Training
||Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications
No feedback has been left for this course.
Texas Division of Emergency Management