Introduction to Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)
This course provides members of the general public (whole community) including school personnel, public works officials, and first responders the information and skills they need to help themselves and others survive an active shooting/active killing incident. By the end of the course, the target audience will become empowered as First Care Providers.
- Identify needs for rapid point of wounding care.
- Define each link in the TECC chain of survival.
- Define the TECC phases of care.
- Match common wounding patterns with the appropriate stabilizing treatment.
Prerequisites & Other Information:
There are no Prerequisites for this course
Primary Core Capability
Public Health, Healthcare, and Emergency Medical Services
Secondary Core Capabilities
- Community Resilience
- Health and Social Services
- Long-term Vulnerability Reduction
- Mass Care Services
- Public Health, Healthcare, and Emergency Medical Services
- Threats and Hazard Identification
George Washington University Certificate of Completion
This is a web based course. Click on the link below and log in to register and take course.
No tuition is charged.
||George Washington University
Emergency Medical Service
Public Safety Communications
No feedback has been left for this course.